Printing problem

Charles R. McCreary mccreary at crmeng.com
Fri Apr 6 02:02:12 GMT 2001

I am running samba in Mandrake Linux 7.2 on a PII box. I have a HP4MP postscript printer on a NT 4.0 sp 5 machine. Went through the DrakConf utility to set up a smb printer. Files print ok but it prints 10 copies of each file! The printcap file has a single line:

hp4mp:

The printers.conf file from /etc/cups is
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.4
# Written by cupsd on Thu Apr  5 15:24:00 2001

<DefaultPrinter hp4mp>
Info hp postscript
Location e5250
DeviceURI smb://mccreary:rebecca2@e5250/HPLaserJet
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
</Printer>

What else do I need to do or what do I change so that this multiple page business stops. How do I start diagnosing where the problem may be originating?

Charles R. McCreary, P.E.
CRM Engineering Services
13774 Hwy 322
Kilgore, TX 75662