ACL or not ACL...

Eric BARROCA eric at netsystems.fr
Thu Apr 5 22:47:03 GMT 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to set up some special permission on a share.
So, let me explain what I need...
I have a share called project1 sharing /home/projects/project1 directory
(which is on a reiserfs filesystem).
I'd like to apply these permission to this share :
	- each members of the group "tech" can add files
	- a file can be modify only by its owner
	- a file can be viewed by all members of tech group
	- the user "boss" can view and delete any file of the share

Is it possible to set up a such configuration in SAMBA (running on Linux
or if needed FreebSD) ?
Should I use Linux Trustee ? ACL patch for EXT2 (I don't like this idea
because it require a huge system modification and I won't manage to use
reiserfs).
Anyone of you did manage to set up a such configuration ?

Thanks for you help,

EB.

--
Eric BARROCA <eric at netsystems.fr>