upgrading samba

Charles Désiré Fotso Youmssi youmssi at turtur.uni-paderborn.de
Thu Apr 5 13:08:44 GMT 2001

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I actually encounter a problem by setting up a linux box in a network so
that it can print to a samba print server that also install on a linux
box.

I'm running Mandrake7.2 on my machine and have samba-2.0.7 installed.
The print server runs a Redhad-5.1 and runs the samba-1.9.18.

1.	Is there any problem for the two version to work together?
2.	if yes, an alternative solution could be to upgrade only the samba on
the print 	server to samba-2.0.7. is it possible to do so? How can i
perform it?

Since i'm a newbie, i'd apreciate any help .

thanks

fotso