Print audit

Marius Plauska marius.plauska at lgt.lt
Thu Apr 5 07:30:45 GMT 2001

Hello. I'm using Solaris 2.7 with Samba 2.05 and trying to audit print jobs:

[global]
guest account=nobody
browseable = no
load printers=yes
printing=sysv
print command = echo %T,%U,%M,%p >> print.log; lp -c -d%p %s; rm %s

The purpose of the "print command..." line is to obtain "%T,%U,%M,%p" information and to write it into local "print.log" file on every print job. So information in Solaris system file "/var/lp/logs/requests" must (I think) match to "print.log" (except %M, information about group, job size and etc.). But it doesn't. Why?

Marius