2.2.0a3 or 2.0.7?

Virgo virgo at azcher.kharkov.ua
Mon Apr 2 17:03:44 GMT 2001

Hi guys!
Is Samba-2.2.0aplha3
1. I can not join W2K to domain samba.
After a perusal faq and HOWTO happens following:
a) In smbpasswd the computer pfts1 is not added and in smb.conf is
written
   add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g 65534 -c " Trust Account "
-d /dev/null,
  that receivesi in W2K the following message:
  The account used is a computer account. Use you global user account or
local user account to access this computer.
b) In passwd the computer by hands is added, we obtain the following
message:
    Out of range in procedure... It not literally.
Signal me please where that I do not so?
2. I read ./docs/htmldocs/cvs.log, line 345198:
       alternate permissions = No (removed)
       max packet = 65535 (removed)
       ole locking compatibility (removed)
       shared mem size (removed)
   Is detuned removed ole locking compatibility. Without this parameter
one program does not work.
What it is substituted by?

Large thank to you the guys for your work...
I shall be grateful for the answers and advices.

P.S.Unfortunately it was necessary to return on Samba-2.0.7 and W2K has
remained in the domain NT :-(
--
Registered Linux User  #186627
ICQ UIN 50715669