multiple samba log ins

Chad Owens chad.owens at believe.com
Wed Apr 4 23:51:36 GMT 2001

I am running windows NT as a client and SAMBA 2.0.5 as the server on a
Solaris box.

below is my smb.conf file.
typically when a user logs in , he mounts his home directory, and IT ASSUMES
his login name (since the unix log in name is the same as his nt login name)
and then he is prompted to enter a password.

I am finding the need to have samba ask for a USERNAME AND PASSWORD every
time someone mounts a directory instead of assuming the credentials are the
same.  For the simple reason that we have some pc's that multiple people log
into.

Is there a setting in smb.conf that functionally makes all first time access
to any share a FULL AUTHENTICATION?

I'm hoping to hear either:
a.) yeah it's simple
or