getting swat to run on Hewlit Packard HPUX 10.20

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Apr 4 14:52:57 GMT 2001

Hi John,
Works for me!:

/etc/services:

swat      901/tcp       # SAMBA Web-based Admin Tool

/etc/inetd.conf:

swat    stream tcp   nowait.400 root /opt/samba/bin/swat swat

ll /opt/samba/bin/swat :

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root       users       813915 Jan  3 19:47
/opt/samba/bin/swat

Maybe check the following:
1. do you have an inetd.sec; and is it allowing this service to be run for
the ip address of the server and client that is accessing it?
2. does swat have execute permission on it?
3. is there any other defined service that is using port 901?  check with
netstat -an to see if this port is busy for some reason....

Hope this helps,
Don