Samba on AIX

Bernie Ledwick bl at man.fwltech.com
Wed Apr 4 10:02:03 GMT 2001

I am running Samba v2.0.7 on AIX 4.3.3 and accessing from MS-Windows 98 and
experience the following behaviour:

1. Create new text file on AIX server.
2. View this file on PC
3. Close file on PC
4. Change file on AIX server.
5. View file on PC and the changes made in step 4 are not there.

Restarting Samba cures the problem, but this isn't really practical. I first
noticed this behaviour several years ago using PC-NFS against AIX, so I
guess this is an AIX issue, but not one that IBM would be willing to
investigate.

Any ideas as to how I go about investigating and/or curing this problem?

Regards,

Bernie Ledwick
Principal Consultant

FWL Technologies Ltd
Tel:  0161 283 4040   Fax: 0161 283 4051
Mobile: 07850 394 927
Web:  http://www.fwltech.com/logistics
Mailto:bl at man.fwltech.com