samba start problem

Makis Marmaridis makis.marmaridis at angusknight.com.au
Mon Apr 2 02:24:00 GMT 2001

Hi Sam,

it looks like your S99samba file does not do the trick after all for you.
What I decided to do instead of sending you a script that should work, is to
send you a link of info that will also help you later on with understanding
and working with Samba.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO-5.html

This exact page has got a copy of a scipt that will launch Samba
automatically for you, it also explains (in considerable detail) how to put
the script in place etc etc.

I sincerely think this is the best way of doing it, so that you actually
learn why you do it rather than just plug in a script in a directory and
make everything work. I also suggest you read through this entire document
or at least have a quick look at the table of contents at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html#toc5 as you will definately
find other interesting things in there as well!

PS: if you are not sure how to make symbolic links (symlinks) then try "man
ln" on the command prompt. The syntax for Linux is ln <target of the link>
<link name>.

If you need more help with getting this going you can email me privately if
you like.

All the best,
Makis.