problem with the BDE on Suse 6.4 with Samba 2.0.7

felix engel felix.engel at beanpower.de
Sat Apr 21 21:03:43 GMT 2001

I have a problem with the BDE on Suse 6.4 with Samba 2.0.7.
I have a network with 3 clients and a Suse 6.4 Server with samba 2.0.7 (and
2.2.0.alpha2). only one user should have access to a record in the database.
then the record should be locked. this is working. but: if two users connect
to one record nearly the same moment the record will not be locked. is this
a problem from samba/linux or is it a problem from BDE.

Best Regards.
Felix Engel

felix.engel at beanpower.de