Windows Explorer Hangs

Gary James gary.james at criticallink.com
Fri Sep 29 22:50:51 GMT 2000

About a month ago I started using Samba 2.0.6 on RedHat 6.2 as a file
and print
server for our twenty person office. We use all Win98se machines,
there is one NT4 machine running some license management software.

I had some bugs in the setup when we first went online. During this
period I tried to copy some PDF files to the server (from the O'Reilly
book "Using Samba"). I got an error that said:

"...  The specified network resource is no longer available."

Sometimes Windows Explorer locks up tighter than a drum, sometiimes it
recovers.