Can´t connect to W95 machine - ERRDOS 1311

Thomas Hansen thomas at cmu.eca.usp.br
Fri Sep 29 10:53:10 GMT 2000

Hi, my name is Thomas Hansen, and I'm new to this list.

I've configurated Samba 2.0.4b no my Linux server(RH 6.2). I've got a
small
sub-network of 5 W95 machines (brahms, mozart, kodaly, copland and
villa-lobos.eca.usp.br) and the Linux Server (bach.cmu.eca.usp.br).
The Workgroup is MUSICA. BACH is configured as WINS server, security level
is
set to user, with plain-text passwords (no encryption). Netbios name is
set to
cmu.eca.usp.br. BACH authenticates user logons on all machines, and all
machines
can access the shares on the server. All these things work perfectly.

The problems:

1 - When I try to create a share on W95 machines, it asks me to choose the
users
who will have permission to access it. When I click on the "Add" button,
however, it answers me: "It isn't possible to see the users list at this
moment.
Try again later".

2 - When  I try to connect to a W95 machine the linux server (with
smbclient),
it answers:

# smbclient //mozart/c
Added interface ip=143.107.985.90 bcast=143.107.95.255 nmask=255.255.254.0
Password:
session setup failed: ERRDOS - 1311

If I try to connect to a W95 machine from another, the answer is:
"
 \\Copland is not accessible.

There isn't any server available to start the logon request.
"

Finally, if I try to connect to a W95 from another, with the NET command:
"
C:\> net view \\copland

Error # 1311:
There isn't any server available to receive the logon request.
"

The only thing that works from the server to the W95 machines is the
smbclient
-L command, which returns me the name of the shares configured on the W95
machines. Any try to connect to these shares, both from smb machines and
w95
ones, doen't work.

Could anybody help me? I'm attaching my smb.conf file, in case it helps...

Thanks,

Thomas H.

Smb.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from bach.cmu.usp.br (143.107.95.90)
# Date: 2000/09/27 17:33:00

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MUSICA
        netbios name = CMU.ECA.USP.BR
        netbios aliases = CMU
        server string = Servidor Samba do Departamento de Musica
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password*
%n\n $
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        time server = Yes
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        character set = ISO8859-1
        logon script = %U.bat
        logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        comment = %h rodando %v
        hosts allow = 143.107.95. 143.107.94. 127.
        printing = bsd

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /home/netlogon
        share modes = No

[Profiles]
        path = /home/profiles
        guest ok = Yes
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = No

[tmp]
        comment = Temporary file space
        path = /tmp
        guest ok = Yes

[sitedept]
        comment = Site do Departamento de Musica
        path = /home/httpd/html
        valid users = +lam +thomas
        force group = lam
        read only = No