Memory usage in Samba 2.0.7

Scott Lawson s.lawson at sghms.ac.uk
Thu Sep 28 11:28:32 GMT 2000

Lucy,

What OS are you using? Did you compile it yourself? What compiler did
you
use?

I tend to have all Smbd daemons taking 4.5 Mb of memory each. This
consistant across
all my Samba servers (about 10). I am running Solaris 7 and Samba 2.07
compile with
gcc 2.95.

More than 5 Mb would be considered abnormal on a Solaris system, I am
not sure about
any others. However I wouldn't expect it to differ by very much over
Solaris.

Scott.

Message: 3