from waterstar, Taiwan
Waterstar.Lee at mic.com.tw
Wed Sep 27 07:08:03 GMT 2000
i got problems, for "print sharing"
1. win98 as client, linux + samba 2.0.7 as server, (a printing
2. in win98, I use Microsoft WORD to print a file to SAMBA
3. in smb.conf
print command = lpr -r %s
cannot work, it just print a lot of message
somehow like \031\456\..........
4. now, I change the setting
print command = cp %f /tmp/tmp.print
in clent side,
WORD print OK
then in SAMBA side
# cat /tmp/tmp.print > /dev/lp0 ; it print OK
# lpr -b /tmp/tmp.print ; it print a lot of
5. so in SAMBA, what I got is a processed image file, data is
6. tell me how to usr "lpr" to print the correct data
7. do I mistake anything !!!!
thank you very much
More information about the samba