make problem

Brian O'Gorman Brian.O'Gorman at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 26 22:41:07 GMT 2000

I'm rather new at configuring samaba with some of the features that are
disbaled by default, so, if the following question is somewhere in the
FAQ or other documentation, please excuse, anyway,
on pages 34-35 of "Using Samba" by Eckstein et al. they talk about
--with-smbwrapper, and the incompatibilities. Having unsuccessfully
searched the web site and archives for a solution in 2.0.7, I'm
wondering if there's a workaround for the following problem, thanks in
advance:

Compiling smbwrapper/smbw.c with -fpic
Compiling smbwrapper/wrapped.c with -fpic
smbwrapper/wrapped.c:466: conflicting types for `utimes'
/usr/include/sys/time.h:327: previous declaration of `utimes'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `smbwrapper/wrapped.po'

BTW. I'm using gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release), Solaris 7 on an
Ultra-1...