Use PC printers from IRIX?

Meinrado F Samala samala at wam.umd.edu
Tue Sep 26 22:41:34 GMT 2000

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. Using LPRng seems to be a very attractive
idea. I will look into it.  I agree that redirecting a print job to a PC
non-postscript printer doesn't solve the problem of the printer not
understanding PS. If I understood it correctly, LPRng has an added filter
to convert PS->PCL.
An alternative: according to IRIX help I need the Adobe postscript
interpreter (license to use is not free:(   to use a non-PS printer.
What do you think?
Oh well, I'll see and consider the options...

Thanks :)

Mein Samala
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Univ. of Maryland