Refresher please

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Mon Sep 25 23:01:10 GMT 2000

[Do you have to post html in your email?]

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Tom Wilson wrote:

> What are the steps after configuring the smb.conf file to smbmount a SMB
> drive automatically, each time you  reboot?  I knew about this on version
> 5.1 but I have slept since then (about 3 years).

Version 5.1 of what? samba is only up to 2.0.7 ...

You can make smbmount mount smbfs automatically in a number of ways.

1. put a line in /etc/fstab
//server/share /mnt/smb smbfs defaults,username=foo,password=bar 0 0
   (untested, but something like that)

2. setup autofs, the automounter map entry for a smbfs mount may look
   something like this:
smb  -fstype=smbfs,username=u,password=p  ://server/share

3. add something to /etc/rc.d/rc.local (assuming sysv style init)
mount -t smbfs -o username=u,password=p //server/share /mnt/smb

4. be creative, add a line to /etc/inittab ...

I don't know of any specific steps.

/Urban