smbfs as root fs

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Mon Sep 25 11:29:10 GMT 2000

Hi!

I'm currently trying to write a test installer that is capable of
extracting the linux distribution (one .tar.gz) to a client computer.
However, I want this .tar.gz (and libc as well as tar and gzip etc.)
to be exported from a samba _or_ NT server...

So has anybody hacked the kernel to accept a smbfs-root filesystem?
Otherwiese I'd have to hack it in myself;)

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> -- +49-177-5601720 */