Loosing Mounts .. kernel: smb_dont_catch_keepalive: server->data_ready == NULL error

Peter Court pc at hotkey.net.au
Sun Sep 24 06:48:13 GMT 2000

I've a diskless Linux (LRP) box with Samba client
mounting a share off a NT4 SP6 box. Its regularly
'loosing' the share. If I do a ls it shows NO files.
Unmounting and remounting it fixes it. This is happening
about 2 time/day on average.

A possibly related error in the log is:

kernel: smb_dont_catch_keepalive: server->data_ready == NULL

One German reply re this error caught my attention.. It seems
to be related to the -C option for folding pwds to upper case...
(but I couldnt read the content !)

I've removed this from the mount and dont get the error on
mounting now... interesting to see what happens from here.
I changed the pwd to upper case.

Anyone else had or solved this problem ?

rgds .. Peter