getting time from NT-server

Peter de Groot pdgtech at kalnet.com.au
Thu Sep 21 16:20:21 GMT 2000

Am having a similar 'problem', in that samba is running
on an NT backbone.

Personally... I would not let samba fiddle around with
the linux time.  Even if it was possible.

I reckon a better solution would be to install a Network Time
Protocol server on the NT server and use ntp on the linux
box, running as a cron job to set the time.

The problem is .... I am not familiar with a NTP server
on NT.  Does MSoft have one, or is there a shareware
one around.... If so, can somebody let me know.

Cheers

Peter