uses of LDAP server

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.net
Wed Sep 20 14:29:18 GMT 2000

LDAP support does work on older Samba versions.  The howto that I read
recommended getting Samba via CVS from Oct 15, 1999.  This is sited as a
stable version of Samba that supports LDAP.  The latest releases (as far as I
know) have LDAP disabled in them.  From what I gather, the code isn't ready
for use yet.

Dan

--
Daniell Freed
Computer Services

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil