not logging per machine

Phil Hurvitz phurvitz at miggie.nwgeospatial.com
Mon Sep 18 15:27:15 GMT 2000

I've got a problem with a samba server not logging properly.

important stuff from smb.conf:

    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    log level = 2
   domain master = no

the only files I get in /var/log/samba are the log.smb and log.nmb.
log.smb does not have any logs from connections, and no individual
machine logs exist either.

I've tried altering domain master = yes and still get the same problems.

Also, in log.nmb (note I've altered machine, workgroup, and subnets):

  Samba name server FOO is now a local master browser for workgroup BAR
on subnet xx.xxx
.xxx.xxx

  *****
[2000/09/16 15:11:29, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(362)
  find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
  Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name BAR<1b> for the
workgroup BAR.
  Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

Thanks!

-Phil Hurvitz

     Phil Hurvitz, Northwest Geospatial, LLP
Geographic Information Solutions for the Next Century
5256 17th Ave NE | Seattle WA 98105 | Tel:(206)719-8782
  phil at nwgeospatial.com | http://www.nwgeospatial.com