mounted FS does not support extended attributes

Christoph Kukulies kuku at gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Sep 18 07:17:38 GMT 2000

Under NT 4.0 (client) and a FreeBSD samba server I'm getting
runtime errors on the client side saying that the
mounted file system does not support extended attributes.

I don't think it's peculiar to the server OS so it might happen
with Linux as well.

The error stems from the Microsoft Power Fortran runtime system
and I suspect something like an INQUIRE (Fortran 77) statement
is being executed on the file. Could have to do with file
creation/modification date. (vaguely guessing).

Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku at gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de