help

=?gb2312?q?=CB=EF=20=D1=E0?= asiaswallow at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Sep 17 13:36:07 GMT 2000

Hi:
   I have already used samba for a long time . It run
very well! I got it from: www.sunfreeware.com
 (my unix version:Solaris2.5.1 SUN sparc) but I found
my samba version is 1.7(perhaps) and now the lastest
version is 2.0.7 ,so I downloaded the latest-samba
from www.samba.org (source)

  when I configured it
 the system showed:
   : #./configure
      creating cache ./config.cache
      checking for gcc  ........gcc
      checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O)  works
....no
      configure: error: installation or configuration
problem : C compiler cannot create executables

 My workstation not have C compiler . How can I do?
Do you have the latest-samba not for compiling for
downloading?
 Thank you very much!!!