what does this nmb error mean?

M. Neidorff neidorff at bellatlantic.net
Sat Sep 16 12:42:05 GMT 2000

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get printing working using samba 2.0.6 and Redhat 6.2.  As
far as I can tell, the only thing in my way is an error that I find in
log.nmb.  When I try to print from a W95 machine, the connection is opened
and then closed (according to log.smb), but the file is not
transferred.  Here are the couple of lines from log.nmb which document the
error:

[2000/09/11 18:54:50, 0] nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(406)

*****

Samba name server JA is now a local master browser for workgroup JAGROUP on
subnet 192.168.1.1

***** [2000/09/11 18:54:50, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(362)
find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name JAGROUP<1b> for the workgroup
JAGROUP.
Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

Can anyone help me fix this error?  (I can forward other config files or
log file entries if that will help)  I can't find anything about this in
any of the docs or howtos.

TIA,

Mark