Samba-tng PDC -- OpenLDAP -- UNIX password sync problem

Jody Haynes Jody.Haynes at isunnetworks.com
Thu Sep 14 21:03:40 GMT 2000

Samba-tng PDC -- OpenLDAP  -- UNIX password sync problem

I'm running samba-tng 2.6 on Linux 6.2 with OpenLDAP 1.2.11.  I have a samba PDC storing its password information
in LDAP.  I'm also using the following pam modules:  pam_ldap and nss_ldap.

The problem is that I really don't know a way to use the password sync parameter and have it sync the UNIX
passwords in LDAP.

Everything works great if I keep the UNIX passwords in the password/shadow files but when I migrate
them into LDAP the password sync is broken.

I tried using the password program parameter with a script  but that did not work:

password program = <path to program>/<program name> %u %o %n

I did not use the passwd chat parameter along with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sync my UNIX password along with the samba passwords in LDAP?

Thanks,

--
          Jody Haynes
iSun Networks, Inc.