best authentication method?

Charles Lewis lewisc at delta.swau.edu
Mon Sep 11 19:35:25 GMT 2000

We have multiple Win95, Win98, and Win2K machines on the client side (on
different subnets) and Linux and AIX on the server side and we are trying to
figure out what the best way to do authentication. Currently we have the AIX
doing successfully doing secure authentication (using pam) since that is
where all staff members have an accounts. However, we are having trouble
doing domain logins on our Win2K machines.

What is the best way to do authentication? Is it possible to implement
single sign-on for multiple services? What about LDAP? Has anyone
successfully implemented it? Also, Coda is very intriguing. Is anyone using
this to replace samba for file serving?

Charles Lewis
lewisc at delta.swau.edu