getpeername failed. Error was Socket operation on non-socket

Fox, Jennifer (South Pole Station) foxje at spole.gov
Fri Sep 8 23:49:28 GMT 2000

Hello again.

I just reinstalled samba 2.0.7 on two machines running RH 6.2 (kernel
2.2.16).  Samba itself works fine, users are mounting their directories,
etc.  But for some reason swat fails with the "authorization failed, Retry?"
error.  I have tried to log in as root and other administrative users and it
always gives me the same error, with the "swat:   getpeername failed. Error
was Socket operation on non-socket" error in my logs.

Has anyone seen this error before?  Thanks!

--jenny

Jennifer Fox
Network Administrator
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica