bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

Maria Wing mariawing at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 15:59:36 GMT 2000

Samba was working fine and "suddenly" stop to work.
When I check using "ps -ef | grep mbd" is not daemon running
When I use "netstat -a" I have tcp port 139 listen.
I checked inside "/etc/inetd.conf" I do not have reference to that port
neither samba command. ALso 139 is not inside "etc/services"
if I use "testparm" I get "loaded services file OK"
I run samba with:
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D -a
and
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D -a

Inside
/usr/local/samba/var/log.users I have this message error:
bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

In /usr/local/samba/var/log.nmb I have this message error:
bind failed on port 137 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

Any help will be apreciate ....Not Unix expert....Thanks