mount: only root can do that

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.net
Fri Sep 8 13:37:56 GMT 2000

You need to set the suid bit on the /usr/bin/smbmount, /usr/bin/smbclient,
and /usr/bin/smbmnt, then you can use smbmount to mount Samba shares.
Alternatively, you could set the suid bit on the /bin/mount command but
that could open up other security problems.

--
Daniell Freed
Computer Services

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil