Samba and SANstar

Christopher Monoki ChrisMonoki at AyrshireAssoc.com
Wed Sep 6 21:10:37 GMT 2000

My name is Chris Monoki and I'm a research analyst for a small investment
manager firm in Washington, DC.  A mass data storage management company I've
been following ECCS (Tinton Falls, New Jersey) has announced a new software
product called SANstar.  The company claims that it is the first to "marry"
NAS and SAN, making file sharing possible across a heterogenious network,
with different operating systems and with different platforms such as NAS
and SAN.

Is this possible?  Is this something that Samba CIFS is meant to do?  I
would greatly appreciate your imput.  ECCS' website is http://www.eccs.com.
Under "Storage", you'll find "SANstar".  There, a short white paper is
located.

Best wishes,

Chris Monoki