Failure During configure

IT.Helpdesk at lincolnelectric.com.au IT.Helpdesk at lincolnelectric.com.au
Wed Sep 6 05:40:27 GMT 2000

I am trying to run ./configure but when it completes there are errors regarding
locking.
Can some-one point me to where in the doco I can get some help?

Operating sys is HPUX 10.20
Samba version 2.0.7

Selective output as follows :

checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
.
.
.
checking for fcntl locking... no
checking for broken (glibc2.1/x86) 64 bit fcntl locking... no
checking for 64 bit fcntl locking... no
checking for sysv ipc... yes
.
.
.
checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
checking if large file support can be enabled
no
checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

Thanks

Richard Brodie