sent an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast.

Robert Bartels rbart2 at pop.uky.edu
Tue Sep 5 13:48:46 GMT 2000

Hello,

Yes you both are right about the root of the problem being a misconfigured
tcp/ip stack.
The problem is that I have no control over that machine, or the network its
on.
But... Last year I was able to sqwelch the error message by using a command
in
one of the network startup scripts... The solution was found in the
archives...
Since the archives aren't online.. I can't find the solution, but one does
exist..

Thanks

Bob