Compilation errors on sequent

Development development.ncc.eh at gtnet.gov.uk
Tue Sep 5 11:56:57 GMT 2000

I have been trying to install Samba version 2.0.7 on a sequent server,
however I have experienced problems after compiling.
Smaba recognises the system as i386-sequent-ptx   DYNIX

After running the configure script the following was recorded in the
config.log file ;

int main() {
connect()
; return 0; }
configure:3976: checking for connect in -linet
configure:3995: cc -o conftest -O   conftest.c -linet  -lnsl -ldl  1>&5
ld: warning: Reference to `connect` resolved by libsocket.so.1, but libsocket.so
.1 not explicitly named on command line.

The make command ran without any real problems,
it wasn't until running the make install that the following error was displayed when
trying to create the codepages ;

Creating unicode map /usr/lib/codepages/unicode_map.936
dynamic linker: /usr/bin/make_unicodemap: can't find libinet.so,
link with -lsocket instead of -linet
/usr/local/samba-2.0.7/source/script/installcp.sh: 6810 Killed

Now if I try running any of the test programs the following message is displayed ;

dynamic linker: testparm: can't find libinet.so, link with -lsocket instead of -
linet
Killed
I add the line LIBS="-lseq -lsocket -lnsl" before the ./configure as had been recommended.
Can anyone please offer some advice as to how to overcome this problem,

Thanks Phil Ayers.