Mounting Solaris 2.6 Samba share on Solaris 2.6 Client

Colin DuPlantis colin at cp.net
Sun Sep 3 18:31:09 GMT 2000

I am running Samba 2.0.4b on a Solaris 2.6 server, SERVER. I have made
available a few shares I would like to mount on another Solaris 2.6 machine,
CLIENT. I have successfully mounted said SERVER share on a Linux client on
the same subnet, so I believe the server is set up correctly.

My problem is that, while on Linux, I execute something like 'mount -t
smbfs...', what do I say on Solaris, 'mount -F ufs...?' I haven't been able
to figure that out.

bash-2.02# hostname
CLIENT
bash-2.02# ls -ld /usr/local
drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Jul 20 1999 /usr/local
bash-2.02# mount -F smbfs //SERVER/local /usr/local
mount: operation not applicable to FSType smbfs
bash-2.02# mount -F ufs //SERVER/local /usr/local
mount: //SERVER/local or /usr/local, no such file or directory

Any help that can be offered will be appreciated. Thanks.

    - C