Samba performance compared to Windows 98

Kim Payne kpayne at cirvisinc.com
Tue Oct 31 23:30:06 GMT 2000

forgot to send to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Payne [mailto:kpayne at cirvisinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 6:26 PM
To: Steve McClary
Subject: RE: Samba performance compared to Windows 98

I know Access keeps track of who has the file open by writing to a .ldb
file.  It creates the  file when the database is first opened by someone and
deletes it when the last user closes it.  Knowing Microsoft, they probably
use special open and close routines to handle the database.  It's hard to
say exactly what happens without tracing the traffic when you open the
database.