Samba performance compared to Windows 98

Kim Payne kpayne at cirvisinc.com
Tue Oct 31 17:12:14 GMT 2000

Yes, that option is there.  I have also tried other options dealing with
sockets, but none improve performance greatly.

> Hard to troubleshoot without a snapshot of your current smb.conf [global]
> section...

I forgot to include that...oops.  Here is the current [global] section.

[global]
   workgroup = CRVDOMAIN
   server string = Samba Server %v on (%L)
   netbios name = CRVSRV1
   guest ok = no
   dead time = 0
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = no
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/lib/smbpasswd
   null passwords = yes
   username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/smbusers
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536
SO_SNDBUF=65536
   read raw = yes
   write raw = yes
   getwd cache = yes