file sharing problems

Oles' Hnatkevych gnut at fc.kiev.ua
Tue Oct 31 09:11:59 GMT 2000

Hello samba,

  Strange problem. We've got a program based on Borland Paradox
  Engine. The program uses the same database shared on network drive.
  Seems like shared access to the same database files uses the
  lock files like PDXUSERS.LCK and others.

  When the databases were placed on Novell Netware drive, all was OK
  for serveral years.
  But when I placed it onto Samba server, the program tends
  to show red error boxes with error messages sometimes telling
  that something is blocked etc.

  what it can be????

With best wishes, Oles' Hnatkevych, http://gnut.kiev.ua, gnut at fc.kiev.ua
Finance & Credit Banking Corporation, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Industrialnaya str. 27 +380 44 2417190
Artema str. 60, +380 44 4906877