"security = DOMAIN" problem

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Oct 31 00:00:39 GMT 2000

marco.mueller at bechtle.de wrote:

> Externe Mail    Marco Müller/Bechtle-Weigang/Bechtle-Gruppe/DE    31.10.2000
> 00:53
>
> Hello,
>
> I've posted this question for about 2 Weeks in the list "samba-ntdom", but every
> answer I've received told me something like that: "I don't know", "I do have the
> same problem" and "I don't know, but let me know if you have a solution". So I
> think this could be a bug!??!
>
> Now something about Hardware and Software in my office:
>
> PDC:
> HP9000/D220
> HP-UX 10.20
> Advanced Server Unix (ASU) 03.04.05
> (http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/exec/overview/ntinterop/3_unix.asp)

This is a known problem with an AS/U PDC. The AS/U PDC
doesn't support the info level 3 call that real NT PDC's
support. Samba makes this call.

Currently there is no known fix other than to use a real
NT PDC - although we are working with HP to fix this to
enable people to transition over from their older AS/U
based product.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.