What the #*$& did MS change this time?

Dwight Tovey dwight at micron.net
Sun Oct 29 20:39:45 GMT 2000

On 29-Oct-00 Tom Syroid wrote:
> Win98 and NT-SP4 and above (includes Win2K) sends passwords to Samba
> encrypted.

That was it.  Thanks.  Once you pointed me in the right direction, I remembered
seeing that in the docs when I originally set up Samba.  I hadn't bothered to
set up encrypted passwords before since this is strictly an internal network.
Now I have a minor problem where it doesn't seem to want to accept null
passwords, but that's something that I can live with.  It really just means
that my computer-illiterate wife will have to type in a password now.

Thanks again.
        /dwight

---
Dwight N. Tovey                          Unix System Administrator / Developer
Effective Cycling Instructor #750-K-C    Idaho Transportation Dept.
Email: DTovey at itd.state.id.us            3311 W. State St.
   or: dwight at micron.net                 Boise, ID.  83702
(208)334-8166 / fax: (208)334-8121       http://netnow.micron.net/~dwight
---
Some days you are the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.