Logging file transfers

Jarrod Sayers Jarrod.Sayers at unisa.edu.au
Sat Oct 28 00:22:40 GMT 2000

Hi,

We are currently running a student shares server with Samba and have recently
had people storing files in their areas that shouldnt be there.  Our main IT
unit has asked for logs of when these files are being accessed.  This is too
late now but for next semester, is there a way of logging just the file name,
action and user so we can combat this in the future.  Is it something that
could be simply written?

Regards,

Jarrod Sayers
IT Support
School of Communication and Information Studies
University of South Australia, Magill Campus.