Slow Samba

Lee Howard faxguy at deanox.com
Fri Oct 27 20:35:07 GMT 2000

>If I send a 13meg file to the Linux sever from the Win98 machine transfer
>takes about 4 min, if I get the same file from the Win98 machine transfer
>takes about 6 seconds.

I just copied a 16MB file (kernel source tarball) from a Win95 client to my
Samba server in about 10 seconds (100BTX network).  No problem here.

I have experienced slowdown problems in repeated opening and closing of
files that is incessantly done by programs such as Quickbooks.  I don't
know what the issue is there, but I don't use Samba to host Quickbooks files.

Lee Howard.