NT client connection to smb server question

Jon Allen joncallen at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 08:44:49 GMT 2000

Hi there:

I've setup a samba server on my linux box.  I'm trying to connect an Nt 4.0
client to a samba share.  I was working through diagnostics.txt and did the
following:

net use x: \\honeybee\test.docs

[response]
The password is invalid for \\honeybee\test.docs.

Type the password for \\honeybee\test.docs:************
System error 1240 has occurred.

The account is not authorized to login from this station.

Any thoughts?  I'm assuming the smb.conf file is fine (ran testparm smb.conf
and it checked out) and the problem is on my NT client side.  Any
suggestions would be helpful - I've scrolled through some of the man
pages/faq's and can't find a reference to this.  Thanks!

Jon Allen
joncallen at hotmail.com