Logon only once

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Oct 27 09:00:17 GMT 2000

We've found a solution for this problem but I don't know whether
you can use it.

Principle of the script:

A user logs in.

We check on the server if a file exists with this username.
If not, we create one and the user may log in.
If the file exists ==> he has already logged in once, further access is
denied.

The user logs out.

The file with his name is being removed.

I've tested this and it seems to work but we've never used it in production
because
we've have 500 PC's and thought that this would slow down the logon process.

Werner Maes
KULeuven

Message: 3