"Network is Busy" Error Message

Chris Watt cnww at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Oct 27 04:14:05 GMT 2000

At 06:37 PM 10/26/00 -0700, Steve McClary wrote:

>Recently, many of the users (but not all) are getting a "Network is Busy"
>message from Windows when they boot up in the morning and try to connect to
>Samba share

Yes, I have met this a few times with Win95 and Win98 machines. It doesn't
appear to be specific to Samba (the ones I've had a chance to see could not
access any share anywhere) and seems to occur whenever the machine is
booted with bad karma. The best solution I have found so far: Reboot the
Windows machine. AFAICT when this is happening the Windows box does not
make any visible (to the server) attempt to communicate.
--

Who is this General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?