WINDOWS98

Scott Ehrlich se at panix.com
Thu Oct 26 15:43:54 GMT 2000

Hello David:

Did you happen to enable "Encrypt Passwords" in the smb.conf file on your
Solaris system?  It is possible, with Windows 98's enhanced password
encrytion, that Samba doesn't know enough to let in the 98 box until Samba
itself knows about MS encrypted passwords.

More detail is available in the configuration FAQ on Samba's web site.

Scott