preexec

Christopher "C.J." Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Thu Oct 26 14:24:28 GMT 2000

Hello,
    I'm trying to get a perl script to execute when users connect to their
home drive.  I have SAMBA 2.0.7 running on RH6.2.  This is how my homes
section looks:

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   preexec = /var/log/samba/pre-connect.engr.commands %u %m &
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   create mode = 0740
   security mask = 0777
   force security mode = 0
   directory security mask = 0777
   force directory security mode = 0

The perl scripts works fine form the command line.  It its doing is
opening a file in /tmp and writing junk to it.  But when users login and
there home drive is mapped no file is being created.  Its looking like the
preexec isn't attempting to run the perl script.  The perl script
permissions are 755, the temp file is 666.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks...

C. J. Keist                     Email: cjay at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-2465
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301