Share related problems with 2.0.x and Solaris 2.6

Yangsao, Sam Sam.Yangsao at norwest.com
Wed Oct 25 18:07:38 GMT 2000

I have been having problems with both samba 2.0.3 and 2.0.7 on my Solaris
2.6 unix boxes.  The users can see the share and map the drives, but can not
access these their files at all.  It's weird because, I can access
directories that I own.  If anyone has any suggestions on setting up the
smb.conf file correctly, please let me know.  Below is a copy of my smb.conf
file.  This was previously setup before I came to this new environment.

Thanks!

Sam

# Global parameters
        workgroup = OTC
        server string = Samba Server
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = OTC_1
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        dns proxy = No