W2k_login [NISGINA]

Peter Polkinghorne Peter.Polkinghorne at brunel.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 11:46:57 GMT 2000

Neil Hoggarth said:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Jan Oqvist wrote:
> > I have a Linux/Samb system with 600 users. The users have access to 40
> > NT4-pc. To handle the login we are using NISGINA ver 1.0 When we
> > started
> > to test with Win2000 clients it did not work so well. Is there anyone
> > outthere who has any idea how to solve this?
>
> I've also had no luck with NISGINA on W2K (I was actually pleasently
> suprised that it did anything at all!). It appears that NISGINA isn't
> being maintained any longer.
>
> I think that you're best bet is to wait for Samba 2.2 to be released,
> and then see if you can use the domain logins in place of NISGINA.

Just some more positive info - we have our version of NISGINA working
on W2K.  This involved replacing ypbind.c - see both NISGINA mailing lists
(archive?) and the following:

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/~tony/source-code/ypbind/

Caveat - this is a colleagues work - so do not ask me too many further details.

| Peter Polkinghorne, Computer Centre, Brunel University, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH,|
| Peter.Polkinghorne at brunel.ac.uk   +44 1895 274000 x2561       UK          |