FW: how to install samba

Belal Fouad BFouad at ACT-EG.com
Tue Oct 24 12:37:27 GMT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From:	Belal Fouad
Sent:	Tue, October 24, 2000 1:25 PM
To:	'scol-support at sco.com'
Subject:	FW: how to install samba

-----Original Message-----
From:	Belal Fouad
Sent:	Thu, October 19, 2000 6:24 PM
To:	'scol-support at sco.com'
Subject:	how to install samba

Dear sco support
My problem mainly with samba software

My operating system : SCO open server 5.04

Main problem : how to connect with sco server from dos machine or any
microsoft machine without using vision fs or telnet software

The mailing solution :
I got mail for friends to solve this problem by using SAMBA software
So I made download for samba software and I tried to install it on my server
But when I start to install it by typing   ./configure     I get error
massage that when the system test for getting gcc  or cc(c compiler ) this
test failed as the sco server doesn't c compiler
So some friend told me that I must download gcc instead of cc form sco site
to make completed installation for samba
So I downloaded gcc-2.7.2.1 form sco site
But when I trying to install it it make complete installation also when I
start to install SAMBA software it made test for the compiler
It tell me that the gcc is not working

I need your help to solve this problem
Belal fouad